Ontario Trillium Scholarship
The Ontario Trillium Scholarship (OTS) program has been launched by the Ontario government as part of its initiative to attract top international students to Ontario universities for PhD studies. It will raise the profile and prestige of Ontario universities internationally, and contribute directly to Ontario’s economic performance by bringing highly educated individuals to the province.
Value and Duration:
$40,000 per year renewable for up to 4 years, and will begin concurrently with the start of the recipient’s PhD program.
Annual Deadline for Application:
International students must check with the program to which they have applied.
Eligibility for Nomination:
- Must be an international applicant
- Must intend to pursue full-time doctoral studies at Western
- Must not be currently studying at an Ontario institution at the undergraduate or graduate level
- Must have a first-class average, 80% or higher as calculated at time of admission to Western
Eligibility to Hold the Award:
- Must remain registered as a full-time Doctoral student in an eligible program at Western for the duration of award
- Must not concurrently hold a Tri-Council award, an OGS or an QEIIGSST
- Annual renewal of award is contingent on satisfactory progress and continued first-class standing in the program
- A recipient may continue to hold the OTS should he/she become a permanent resident of Canada during the tenure of the award